Videos can not be uploaded directly to JigsawBox, they must be hosted on a video storage site like Screencast, YouTube, Amazon S3, etc. We recommend using a video hosting service such as YouTube.com, Screencast.com or Vimeo.com to host your video but you may use any service to store your video that provides you with embed code.
If using Screencast to store your video, upload your video and then click the "Share" icon. A new box will pop-up, copy the code in the area titled Embed on Your Page. In your JigsawBox, click the "HTML" button on the editor toolbar and then paste your embed code.
If you are using another video storage site, just make sure you can obtain embed code and paste your code following the same steps above.
After you paste in your embed code, you will NOT see your video in Edit view unless you click the HTML button again, and then you will only see the HTML code you have just pasted in. To see your video, save your module. Then go back to the My Modules page, click Edit next to the module where you just added your video. When the edit view appears, click Preview. You will now see how your video will be displayed to your clients. It will play right in your JigsawBox account and your users can watch the video right there without ever leaving JigsawBox!
If you decide you do not want your video in that location, or want to add a different video, simply edit your module, click the HTML button and then delete the code for your video.
Note:This technique displays a video player right in your JigsawBox. If you also wish to provide your clients with an option to download your video, you will need to obtain a direct link from your video host and add this link to your module. If you do offer a download link you may wish to let your clients know that to download they will need to right-click the link and select Save Target As or Save Link As if using a PC or if using a MAC to hit the Control key and select the Save Target As or Save Link As option.
You can upload display any types of videos using these directions; recordings of webinars, videos of your screen teaching your clients how to use certain software, etc.
- If you want to create a short video showing items on your screen like how to use a certain software program, for example, you can set-up a free account at Jing.com. This site allows you to record 5-minute videos of your screen for free! You can then take those videos and upload them to your video storage site of choice!
- Converting your videos to .mp4 make them more accessible to your clients as .mp4 is the most used video type.
- If you are having trouble with video load time, contact your video hosting service. The loading time of your video is dependent on the bandwidth of the service hosting your video, not JigsawBox.
If you want to resize your videos follow these steps:
- If you are using Screencast to host your videos, there are THREE places in the embed code that Screencast provides where you will need to change the height/width of the video. The easiest way to find it is to use the search feature in your browser. Do a search for either the word height or width, and then click your next button until you have updated both fields THREE times.
- If you are using Amazon ezS3 to store your videos when you create your player, you are able to select the height/width you prefer when you create it. If you decide you do not like that height/width, you will need to go back into Amazon ezS3 and edit your player. More information on that on the Help area of Amazon ezS3.
- We typically recommend a height of 498 and a width of 640, but you may choose any height/width you prefer.
For other video tips see these other Support topics:
The video below will show you how to paste the embed content you obtain from your video storage site (Screencast, Amazon eZs3, etc.) into your JigsawBox module.*
*Please note for optimal use on iPads, please upload your video in HMTL5 format. To do this, in eZs3, select the HTML5 sleeve.